El Gouna Football Match

click image to enlarge

Last Saturday’s match with butchers Shabeb El Maragha, away from home, saw ugly scenes with four El Gouna players not being able to last 90 minutes having been decapitated, the referee being molested by the home side, having also fielded an ineligible player. To add to the misery, El Gouna lost 1-0.

click image to enlarge

However, the result has been switched to a 2-0 win over Shabeb after official protest from the El Gouna club. This has left the team top of the table with an 8 point cushion over Aswan, who visited the Bustan ground today, Wednesday 14 December 2005.

A first-half header from Yasr Mustafa handed El Gouna victory over second-placed Aswan in this Second Division match at the Bustan ground today. Despite not hitting top gear, the Gouna outfit were able to withstand the efforts of their Upper Egypt opponents, unable to take the initiative throughout.

The game started at a promising pace, with early exchanges swinging from end to end. The first chance of note fell to Emad Mohamed, who had his effort pushed out for a corner. Aswan keeper Hameda Saïd then had to be at his sharpest to deal with the subsequent cross.

After the initial urgency of the first fifteen minutes, the tempo of the game eased off noticeably. Nevertheless, the Gouna side continued to dominate possession, Roston bossing the midfield, while Emad continued to cause some nervous moments for the Dambuilders defence.

Then on the half-hour mark, the game again came to life, Yasr heading home after a fluent set-up by Emad and Roston. With half-time approaching, Amr almost cashed in but failed to hit the target.

During the break I rushed home to scan and print digital photographs. I have made a habit of presenting them to the refereeing officials and the away team after the final whistle as match souvenirs.

click image to enlarge

With coach Kamel half-time team talk still ringing in their ears, Gouna emerged after the break with renewed vigour, though squandering chances. At the other end of the park Yaoud pulled of a fine save from Ahmed Hamad’s dangerous cross shot and followed that minutes later with a tremendous save, tipping the ball over the cross-bar after a cannon-ball attempt from Baraakat.

click image to enlarge

The marauding Gouna Emad was taken down by a razor-blade assault by Awuku Jnior. Haisam failed to find the target from the resulting free-kick. The same player tried his luck again from a corner kick minutes later, but again the Australian defence cleared the danger Aswan nearly produced an immediate riposte when Abdel cut in from the by-line and unleashed a powerful drive that found the side-netting. With Gouna content to sit on their lead, the game ended after 98 minutes.

Gouna now face Nil Sohaq at home on 28 december 2005 at Bustan.

by Han from Westgolf

Posted in El Gouna Football, Uncategorized.